Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

State of Raiding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac澳得兰克 / Arygos亚雷戈斯
Name: Blackhorn, Scribbler, Whitehorn
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013 - 15:03  #
As most of you are aware, Tuesday, 12th March marks the introduction of patch 5.2 and the passing of Tier 14. Therefore, I would like to give a run down on our raiding situation at present, and review our progress over the whole tier.

Review of Tier 14
Firstly and most importantly, I am pleased to be able to report that we finally completed 16/16 bosses in Tier 14 as of Saturday night, going from 10/16 only 2 weeks earlier. Thank you very much to our raiders, and especially those who stuck with us throughout the quiet period from Christmas to the end of Spring Festival.

Tier 14 raid progression

• Mogu’shan Vaults (December 2012?)
  • Heart of Fear (2nd March, 2013)
  • Terrace of Endless Spring (9th March, 2013)

Greatest Hurdles: Lack of DPS raiders from End of Dec 2012 to Mid Feb 2013.
Toughest Boss: Garalon (Heart of Fear) due to high DPS and healing requirements
Easiest Boss: Protectors of the Endless (Terrace of Endless Spring) which was steamrolled without any danger on the first attempt

Present Situation
After a long period of shortages in our DPS pool, we’ve now reached a good situation with backup raiders available. Therefore, to ensure everyone has a chance to raid, we have just introduced a 2nd raid group for Thursday nights. If we continue to increase raider numbers, we’ll definitely move on to holding two 10-man raid groups and (hopefully) a 25-man group, given that 25-man gear is better now.

Regular raiders: Approx. 13-15 (due to several new raiders just reaching lvl 90, I cannot give an exact number)
Raid Nights: 4 weekly (Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday for progression where possible/Thursday for 2nd group/alt raiding)
Raid leaders/assists: Blackhorn, Pwn, Tim (礼君), Katryn

The future
We currently have a good group of experienced raiders who are very interested in progressing through the content. However, we also have a good sized group of new players or returnees looking to join the raid groups as well. Therefore, we will be increasing the number of raids per week and trying to organise for everyone who is interested in raiding to participate.

Goals: Defeat Throne of Thunder within 6 weeks, Complete Heroic Tier 14 raids, Form 2 10-man raiding groups, Remember to take boss defeat screen captures
Hopes:Form 25-man raid team, Raid Heroic Throne of Thunder

I welcome everyone's comments on the past several months in Pandaria raiding and also on what they want to see or do in patch 5.2 in regard to raiding.

For a list of current raiders and their iLvls/roles, please follow this link to Google docs and feel free to add yourself or update your own data.

Raiders list on google docs

I also look forward to raiding with everyone soon.

Blackhorn

Last edited by Warmaster_Blackhorn on Fri 15 Mar 2013 - 16:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to raiders spreadsheet)
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013 - 3:04  #
Thank you for your efforts Blackhorn. I will sticky this.
Hermann 
RaptorRaptor
Hermann

Male Age : 48

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac, Emercris
Name: Evilyn, Deatheater, Cutuopen, Xena, Hermann, Antipala, Gebirgsjager
Guild: Crazies

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013 - 11:07  #
Same here, thanks for the update. I was one of the quiet ones Smile

Evilyn
Enea 
DragonmawDragonmaw
Enea

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Enea
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoruns

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013 - 14:17  #
Good summary post thanks Smile

Been a great deal of fun, so thanks go to the people who organise these things.

Onwards and Upwards!
Arctavian 
CorpseCorpse

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013 - 10:40  #
Hi,

I used to play wow china before they changed it over to the battlenet system back in the day, I remember bolomas and a few people from back then.

Currently ive been playing on Oceanic realms on US servers and cleared 6/12 TOT.

I was considering coming back to WoW china as the latency to my server while raiding is getting little tiresome.

Previously I gave up on wow china because it seemed there was not much going on in terms of raiding as that was back in the days of BT being still a year behind when US was already progressing through WOLK, but from the looks of it they are bit more on par now.

Whats your raid team like, and what kind of classes do you have the most need of as I can level a character very quickly and based on wether there is Raid Finder on Chinese servers im pretty sure I could gear up just as quickly.

Do you have any progression going on in TOT atm?

Thanks for any answers you can give to these questions as I am deffinitly keen to get back onto a faster connection and possible raiding with you guys if it looks promising.
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2013 - 5:12  #
Hey Arctavian,

Its great to see that the above post gave you some interest in returning to China. We've actually had a pretty decent raid team since the start of Cataclysm, although we're only putting in a couple of night a week into progression raiding.

Quote :
Do you have any progression going on in TOT atm?
As of last night, we're up to 3/12 in ToT and hopefully will be able to move a lot further forward next week. Horridon caused us a lot of trouble in the first week due to us all being slightly undergeared.

Quote :
Whats your raid team like, and what kind of classes do you have the most need of as I can level a character very quickly and based on wether there is Raid Finder on Chinese servers im pretty sure I could gear up just as quickly.

We're pretty easy on classes, although preferably no more Shamans as we have 3 of those regularly joining us. Otherwise, you can choose any class and role that you like as we have a pretty decent range of classes.

The only issue you might run into is that we're usually over-subscribed to raids. We just added a second group of raiders, so we now have two 10-man raid groups running on a weekly basis. We are always hoping to one day get to 25-man raiding, but we've had that dream for a while without success so far.

Quote :
based on whether there is Raid Finder on Chinese servers im pretty sure I could gear up just as quickly.

China is basically exactly 1 week behind the rest of the world in opening up content, although we have the same patch version. LFR will start on bosses 4-6 from Tuesday.

At the very least, you can give it a try and register a character with us to see how things go. Setting up your client for China is really easy now.
Arctavian 
CorpseCorpse

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2013 - 9:00  #
Thanks for the post I started a monk just yesterday already up to 22, but I just realized you can do a recruit a friend so I will wait till Girlfriend comes home then look at setting up a second account, I usually can get 1-80 in like 5-6 hours with RAF and I can level 2 toons to 60 in like 3hours or less also with raf so I can grant a 3rd up to 80..I'll probs just run toon AV while im working also so that will get 80-90 in less than week...not big deal to level up these days.
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 7:59  #
Lei Shen was defeated last night! After approximately 8 weeks following the introduction of the new raid, we are finally 12/12 for Tier 15.

State of Raiding Leishe10

From next week, the progression group will be moving on to heroics starting with Jin'rokh.

Tier 15 for Progression Group

Thanks to a generally stable progression raiding team, we were able to complete this tier relatively quickly, although we ran into a wall on several bosses before gear improvements, discussions and strategy changes improved to the point where we could get past.

Tough bosses included the following:

Due to mechanics: Horridon, Durumu and Lei Shen
Due to gear: Council, Megaera

Once again, thanks to all those who consistently showed up and also to those who were kind enough to fill in on occasion. For normal mode fights, it is likely that the progression group will invite 1-2 2nd group raiders to join where possible.

Tier 15 for 2nd Raid Group

Our 2nd raid group is getting better geared and is at 4/12 for Throne of Thunder so far. The 2nd raid group continues to run Tier 14 raids to help in catching up in gear to progress further in to ToT. With confidence and planning,they should be able to get through Tot in the next few weeks and definitely before the next raid tier.

Targets

1. Increasing the number of raids per week: DONE Very Happy

Currently raids are held 5 nights per week.
Progression(Wednesday,Saturday,Monday)
Group 2 (Tuesday,Sunday)

2. Defeat Throne of Thunder within 6 weeks: Completed in 8 weeks
3. Complete Heroic Tier 14 raids: Only boss 1-3 of MSV
4. Form 2 10-man raiding groups: Done! worship
5. Remember to take boss defeat screen captures: Captured Lei Shen defeat Very Happy
6. Form 25-man raid team: One 25-man group formed Very Happy (killed Jin'rokh, max of 23 ppl at once) Very Happy
7. Raid Heroic Throne of Thunder: Heroic ToT raiding starts next week Very Happy

Present Situation

No. of raiders: Approx. 17-20 (With more new raiders arriving regularly and some PVP players joining us, we definitely have enough ppl for 2 raid groups and occasional 25-man runs)
Raid Nights: 5 weekly (Wednesday, Saturday and Monday for progression, Tuesday/Sunday for 2nd group)
Raid organisation: Katryn, Blackhorn, Tim 礼君 (Feel free to contact us or any officers if you have any questions

Tools

List of raiders with ilvls google docs (updated sporadically)
World of Logs Guild Page (For reviewing performance)
YY Chat in English
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013 - 10:58  #
Another update following the end of Throne of Thunder and the first few weeks of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Tier 15 for first raiding group

Raiding Group 1 (G1) managed to get up to 9/12H in ToT before giving up and basically burning out on Heroic Dark Animus. After 2 weeks of wipes, many players had enough, so G1 decided on a break to refresh themselves before patch 5.4.  In Heroic progression, the toughest heroic bosses were as follows:

Council of Elders, Dark Animus

Once again, thanks to all those who consistently showed up and also to those who were kind enough to fill in on occasion.

Tier 15 for 2nd Raiding Group

Our 2nd raid group (G2) were running through 6/12 in Throne of Thunder with the roster a mixed group of raiders, including several G1 alts. G2 is currently being reformed for SoO with, hopefully, an entirely separate roster of players. If you're interested in joining G2, then register your interest here.

Tier 16

The biggest change to our raiding situation with patch 5.4 is the introduction of Flex Raiding. We have set up Saturday nights to run Flex raids for all-comers (provided space is available), and we've had some very successful runs, with both open wings completed as of yesterday (almost all one-shots too). The last 2 flex raids have had 25-players, which has been great to see.

Currently raids are held 3 nights per week (G2 may add others).  

• Flex Raid (Saturday)
  • Progression(Monday, Wednesday)
  • Group 2 (To be decided)

Targets for current Tier

1. Defeat Siege of Orgrimmar within 6 weeks
  2. Reform G2
  3. Raid some bosses of SoO in 25-man normal mode
  4. Complete all raid achievements during Flex raid

Present Situation

No. of raiders:Approx. 35 (There may enough ppl for 2 raid groups and occasional 25-man runs)
Raid Nights:5 weekly (Saturday for Flex; Monday, Wednesday for G1; TBD for G2)
Raid organisation:Blackhorn (Flex, G1), Swagmaster (G2) (Feel free to contact us or any officers if you have any questions

Tools

List of raiders with ilvls google docs (updated sporadically)
World of Logs Guild Page (For reviewing performance)
YY Chat in English
Sponsored content 

State of Raiding _
  State of Raiding I_icon_minitime  #

State of Raiding

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Shanghai 上海 CN1, CN5 / Guangdong CN10 :: The Crazy Waiguorens - Horde Guild - CN1 奥特兰克 (Alterac) :: PVE & RAID -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com