Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

So... Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 13:04  #
Hey,

Has anyone tried this crazy game yet? Awesome graphics, awesome story, awesome bugs! I highly suggest you try. It's very very very awesome.
And you know what's the best thing in Skyrim? Flexibility. You can be a Nordic Warrior if you want. But let's say that 10 levels later you don't like the hack and slash playstyle, and prefer sneaking up to your target. No problem! You know why? Because there's actually no such thing as a "class" in Skyrim! It's purely based on what you like! You can be a Battlemage, an archer, a warrior that charges in recklessly, ANYTHING!
There's also the look of the items. I'm pretty sure that all of you know that WoW's items are rather cartoony, and sometimes lack detail. Skyrim? Naaah. Everything is awesomely detailed, and you can even zoom it to a specific item ingame, to check some of the carvings on it, etc.

On that note, ROS... FU DAH!

Last edited by Urubaen on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW
Server: alterac
Name: Berilac
Guild: crazy waigorens

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 15:43  #
Ive probably got about 40-50 hourd clocked up already. full dragon armour and glass weapons. Game is lots of fun =D
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 15:50  #
funkyging wrote:
Ive probably got about 40-50 hourd clocked up already. full dragon armour and glass weapons. Game is lots of fun =D

What race are you?
In my case, I've restarted about 4-5 times already. It takes me ages to choose the correct play-style and race. Right now, I'm going with Kahjit as a thief. Love the x15 sneak attack damage with daggers. One shotting random stuff is cool as well. Can't wait to get my heads on some imba enchanted dagger!
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 15:53  #
holidays 1000 POSTS! holidays
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 16:07  #
(sorry for 3 consecutive posts).

Which side? Empire or Rebels? (Star Wars lol?)
Verilus 
FelhoundFelhound
Verilus

Male Age : 36

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 奥特兰克 - PVP
Name: Gigatab/Tabasco
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 18:45  #
hmmmmmm....to get or not to get for ps3...
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 19:20  #
Verilus wrote:
hmmmmmm....to get or not to get for ps3...

GET.
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 5:14  #
I went with khajit aswell. At first i was going for sneaky bows and daggers but i got fed up so got 1h sword and shield

ive completly finished the rebel campaign
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 9:35  #
funkyging wrote:
I went with khajit aswell. At first i was going for sneaky bows and daggers but i got fed up so got 1h sword and shield

ive completly finished the rebel campaign

Turns out I'm a dragon slayer... that sucks at dragon slaying! My sneaking is destroyed by the dragon's bird eye view Sad
I need some imba companion.
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 16:09  #
Well my first bunch of quests was t obecome the jarl of whiterun so i still have my faithful lydia running around in full glass armour =D
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 16:15  #
funkyging wrote:
Well my first bunch of quests was t obecome the jarl of whiterun so i still have my faithful lydia running around in full glass armour =D

God, I hate Lydia. I don't now if all Companions act like dicks but she's definitely number 1 on my list.
I'm in the wild, exploring and running to my objective when I see a bear. It sees me as well, and starts charging. As a thief, I could only rely on quick attacks and the shout that makes you go forward 20 yards to dodge the damn beast. 5 mins later, bear is at 50%. Right when I was thinking it was awfully slow today, I remembered that my huscarl wasn't there! I turn my camera around 2-3 times, get raped by the bear. When I respawned, I decided to follow Lydia before she disappeared... Turns out she turned right instead of left (therefore not following me) to kill some wolves.

And I'm supposed to be a dragon slayer. How will I ever defeat Alduin with such a retarded follower?
Verilus 
FelhoundFelhound
Verilus

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 18:24  #
Seduce her! Gugh im tempted to get the game but I know my life will fall apart with WoW LoL AND Skyrim hahahhaa
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 10:49  #
Verilus wrote:
Seduce her! Gugh im tempted to get the game but I know my life will fall apart with WoW LoL AND Skyrim hahahhaa

Actually, I've just read a review from Gamespot and PCgamer. They both said that the friendly AI in Skyrim is sometimes buggy. Definitely lol. When I played today on my thief, I was sneaking around in caves stealing stuff from barbarians. That is, until they saw my companion, who was not sneaking at all. While I was sneaking to get the chest open, she charged it and yelled.

Score

2 for AI - 0 for Uru
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:24  #
Always hated companions in elder scrolls games, and if you play anything sneaky you better ditch it since it will ruin the immersion.
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 12:06  #
Yeah its a bit annoying the AI. usually if you give her a bow and you sneak she goes into sneak mode, but its annoying when you wander into a room full of bad guys to backstab the boss and you see lydia go "BLEERGGGHHH!!!" and then they spot you
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 5:56  #
hei guis,

I'm on the 3rd restart. At first I was going to be a redguard warrior with a very little utility magic. I found out that your basically sqrewed unless you have some highpowered range dps either a bow or destruction magic. (also I found out their super awesome racial power sucks now in skyrim) Second restart I wanted to play a high elf hybrid who could do everything and I found I could do nothing well enough. So now, I'm not playing my first hardcore mage in basically any rpg ever. I'm leveling all the magic skills with destruction on the top followed by conjuration and alteration, I have never wielded a blade or worn any armor so those skills are all 15. I think the game is pretty hardcore about forcing you down a narrow road, for example if you work heavy armor and light armor up your just a watered down suckass. I always get tempted to wear armor or pick up weapons, especially magic stuff, but so far I've been faithful to pure mage just using clothes and my 2x bonus for "mage armor". Last night I became a werewolf in the companions and when I'm out of mana, I just eat people instead.

The game is hell of fun. Companions suck though, and they do not level up as you do, so they suck more and more. (I'm looking for a companion mod for this) But you can marry Lydia if you want. Haha, she's already living in my house. Also I have too many buttons to push with racial powers, shouts, beast form and spells, but at least I'm not switching in a shield and sword on this build. Next play though I'll probably go with a bow and 2hander and light armor for simplicity in buttons. (I'm already sure I'll play the game several times as I played daggerfall, morrowind and oblivion several times as well.)

ps wow sucks. haha, take care guis
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 10:30  #
Urubaen wrote:
holidays 1000 POSTS! holidays

You should change from nefarion to the Stratholm postmaster Smile
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 14:39  #
StiXx wrote:

ROFL. Maybe we should change the rankings soon. As well as the colours? (hint hint)

Anyhow, just got my first glass dagger on my thief! Yoohoo!
Btw, do any of you think that the stuff made by the dwemers, notably armours and weapons look terrible? Sad
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 16:45  #
i still haven't seen any glass..

all the heavy armor is a bad deal unless you take the steed stone that grants weightless worn armor +100 capacity to boot. the dwarf stuff is way to heavy to justify it's +1 or +2 armor, that can't even be improved unless you advance your smithing to be better than much lighter steel. my newest guy is a heavy armor wearer but i've gotten the steed stone and i'll never change to anything else.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011 - 13:15  #
WoWLaoWai wrote:
i still haven't seen any glass..

all the heavy armor is a bad deal unless you take the steed stone that grants weightless worn armor +100 capacity to boot. the dwarf stuff is way to heavy to justify it's +1 or +2 armor, that can't even be improved unless you advance your smithing to be better than much lighter steel. my newest guy is a heavy armor wearer but i've gotten the steed stone and i'll never change to anything else.

Thanks for the tips! Although I played a thief, I think I'll use these for a Nord Barbarian Twisted Evil !
Also, I'm in the Dark Brotherhood and about to become Guild Master of the Thieves Guild. I haven't done much for the main quest really which made me realise that this game is HUGE. So many things to do!
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 6:03  #
Urubaen wrote:
StiXx wrote:

ROFL. Maybe we should change the rankings soon. As well as the colours? (hint hint)

460... Princess Tea dress Sad
Verilus 
FelhoundFelhound
Verilus

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 6:07  #
ROFL congrats on going up the rankings Av ahahahahahaah
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 6:11  #
Satyre now. woot Razz
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 18:09  #
Haha, I'm totally addicted to Skyrim. I've played up 4 characters into level 20+ now.

a nord tank who uses 2 handed weapons, bows and heavy armor. (hp/sta)
a "cat person" stealthy sword and board, bow and light armor user (hp/sta)
a high elf mage who only uses magic, no armor, no weapons (mana/hp)
a high elf loot whore who uses everything but 2handers and bows. (all)

my rogue was going to dual wield, but it's broken to shit so ended up using shields. magic no longer opens locks, so everyone uses lock pick. restoration magic 2 perks (apprentice + restoration) seems like must haves for all builds. except for my mage everyone really benefits from smithing improvements, ((@ +10 weapon damage / +6 armor) enchanting and alchemy are quite useful for all builds also.

all my games are quite different, dragons jump me in different places, working up different play styles, doing different quests and dungeons.

Best of all, Skyrim reminds me of home, northern Minnesota is a place of brutal winters and Nord people (Swedish, Finnish, German) Haha!

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 11:50  #
Finally hit 100 in sneaking! With some points in one handed weapons of course. I'm considering putting all my other points in Destruction. Maybe I'll get this awesome, sneaking-one-stab-is-times-30-damage-fire-melting-face-rogue-mage... cat person.
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 13:50  #
holy crap a 100 skill-- just a dream for me! my arch-mage just passed 75 destruction and usually melts enemies with a flick of the wrist, or click of the mouse. i really love the mage but i feel sad that i'm starting to see some awesome ebony and glass armor and i cannot make any use of it. (mage armor / abjuration) after i get 100 enchant i'm going to start using either heavy or light armor replacing my arch mage robe, glass looks really cool!
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011 - 14:29  #
I've started to level my destruction skill. Right now, I'm wearing mage robes as well as trinkets that boost your Magicka. But, I've kept the imba rogue gloves (the ones that multiply your damage by 30 when you do a sneak attack). Awesome!

Can't wait to get some Atronarch books!
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011 - 16:08  #
Well, I've made it past level 40 with my "mage". My destruction skill was at about 92 when I hit 100 with enchant. I decided to use all the skins and ores I had and powered smithing all the way to 80, made a set of legendary ebony with a great sword and gave it double enchants. I fortified my heavy and sword skill, but it went up so fast that it wasn't a problem. I feel like I wasted a lot of perks, like in alteration and conjuration, I never summon the deadric lord because I don't want him to steal my skill-xp. Maybe I'll finish the main quest with this one and think about what I want for my next run, I doubt any of my older saves would be suitable now. The game is too huge.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011 - 16:20  #
Your last post was barely 10 days ago! You're damn fast! (Or maybe I just suck at grinding xD). Anyhow, I've leveled destruction to 62 on my thief. And then realised at 60 that I wanted illusion spells Sad
Otherwise, I'm just doing the Dark Brotherhood questline. Haven't done much of the other stuff.
bitoy 
MurlocMurloc
bitoy

Male
Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Bitoy

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011 - 1:51  #
Just hit 90 on my smithing and was able to craft my first daedric armor at level 19! looking forward to completing the badass looking set!

i have to say, this game is awesome!!! worship
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011 - 8:15  #
daedric looks awesome, but i stopped at 80 because with double enchant ability (100 enchant) my armor is fairly good. (with 3 items +20% smithing and potions for improving to legendary).

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011 - 11:43  #
So... Skyrim 0aNG2

Taken from Wowhead's Skyrim thread. Time to go level Alchemy!
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011 - 11:47  #
Here's a skyrim perk calculator.

Cheers.
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011 - 9:53  #
The crafting system is easily abused. If you cycle the enchant stuff to make better alchemy (%) to enchant (%) to make better alchemy (%). I'm not interested in ruining my fun with stuff like that.

Today I saw that I have discovered 282 locations, I thought that was amazing but I saw online some people are past 330+ so I'm missing quite a bit. -.-

I'm starting to train and use skills I never really use because I want to get closer to level 50.. A few coins on my "w" key while in sneak mode near some hostile enemies works that skill up pretty fast while I drink some coffee.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011 - 10:42  #
I'm now the official guild master of the Thieves Guild, and got the special guild master armour (mostly enchants that reduce the price of this and that, reduce the difficulty to lockpick, etc) .
I'm going to start putting points in Lockpicking now (or get some really good gloves). I'm really terrible at the minigame Bethesda insisted on adding.
Also, Nightingale powers are OP. Loving the "Everytime you crouch, you become completely invisible" power.

220 locations is indeed a lot..

Otherwise, I'm doing the main quest. Just finished this one:
Spoiler:
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011 - 18:02  #
not 220 but 282 Smile I've joined the thieves guild, nice set of light armor at initiation and companions (sky steel rocks early game)but i only worked hard on mages guild, because i wanted the arch mage robe, which i got 20 levels before i had 100 enchant. sadly no quest reward or even artifacts are much better than a standard, 100 enchant skill, even if you don't abuse it. getting close to level 50.. the so-called soft-cap.

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011 - 15:55  #
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:10  #
Those are cool, I found several more but this one made me LoL.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzI0OTE2ODMy.html

ps- level 50 now with 300 locations discovered.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011 - 6:44  #
xD. Go werewolves!
You can't actually kill children in Skyrim, I think?
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011 - 19:29  #
I completed the main quest shortly before midnight on December 31st 2011. Level 52, 305 locations discovered, about half of the dungeons cleared/entered. 100 destruction, enchant, smithing. All magic schools 75+, warrior skills around 50, thief skills around 25, except lockpick at 70+ lol.

If they fix dual wield I will consider a thief sometime..

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan 2012 - 8:41  #
WoWLaoWai wrote:
I completed the main quest shortly before midnight on December 31st 2011. Level 52, 305 locations discovered, about half of the dungeons cleared/entered. 100 destruction, enchant, smithing. All magic schools 75+, warrior skills around 50, thief skills around 25, except lockpick at 70+ lol.

If they fix dual wield I will consider a thief sometime..

Which side did you pick for the Empire/Rebels sidequest? I'm kind of torn between the two. Since I restarted as an Altmer ("Dark Elf"), upon entering Windhelm, the Stormcloaks HQ, I was attacked by racist slurs left and right. I was even caught in a street fight with some random nord. I then proceeded to melt everone's face off.

The way I see it, the Empire isn't so bad. Yes, they did abandon Hammerfall(?) and left it to be destroyed by the Thalmor but, at the end of the day, they're just seeking to band the different regions/races of Tamriel together to fight against one common enemy.

As for the Stormcloaks, fighting for their independence is good, and may be effective in the short term. But what about the long term then? What about when the Thalmor decide that they've had enough of this temporary truce?

Skyrim needs a third faction lol.
WoWLaoWai 
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan 2012 - 20:15  #
I didn't join either side with my mage. Neither side is worth defending or putting into power.

However, I think with a Nord it makes sense to join the Stormcloaks and basically any other race should join Imperial.

Stormcloaks are racial supremacists, Ulfric has a slum for minorities in his town and lets attacks on other races go unpunished.

Thalmor have to die regardless, so I help the grey mane brothers with every character I play and besides the battle-borns are assholes.

My new character killed a thalmor party in the woods transporting a prisoner at level 3. Thanks for the elven armor..

I'm going to join the imperials with my new guy.

ps if you make a new guy a couple of tips-- if you follow the imperial guy in the starter dungeon you become friends with the forge owner in the starter town and can take his steel and iron without stealing. if you help the elf, he will train you archery upto 50 and you can take it back because he's also a follower.

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2012 - 14:48  #
WoWLaoWai wrote:
if you help the elf, he will train you archery upto 50 and you can take it back because he's also a follower.

What if I initially helped the Elf with the whole "Love Letter" quest, but then betrayed him by siding with the love competing bard? Will I still get this bonus?
I've just deleted my Thief; wanted to start anew. Probably going to make a character that is more based on big swords and heavy armour.
Sponsored content 

So... Skyrim _
  So... Skyrim I_icon_minitime  #

So... Skyrim

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Miscellaneous :: Golden KTV -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com